Christmas, it's a word that strikes terror into the best business owner, marketer or anyone working in retail but it's also the most wonderful time of the year with 40% of revenue for many businesses coming from the month of December alone.
If that's not enough to get you planning then you need to ensure that you are embracing all forms of marketing mediums into your promotions and if you don't have an online store you may want to consider that:
- 96% of Christmas shoppers are planning to do some of their Christmas shopping online,
- 48% of shoppers advising they would do at least half their shopping online! That's a lot of sales you could be missing out on.
- As for mobile sites, 64% of smartphone shoppers are planning to spend more on their mobiles this Christmas than last year, so time to get that mobile site sorted!!
- And most importantly don't forget your social platforms, two-thirds of shoppers use social media to find the perfect gift.
So if you have left your Christmas Promotional planning to the last minute here are some quick tips to make the most of the season:
- What's your Christmas Theme - what is your tone and look? Talk to your graphic designer and get all marketing material on fast-track (bribery may be required here)
- Brainstorm a list of creative post/marketing ideas perfect for each marketing platform
- Print a calendar and drop in key dates - make a note of extended hours, important shipping dates etc
- Diary your email marketing campaigns
- Diary website additions
- Diary your social media calendar - use scheduling where you can to take some of the stress out of the season
- If you are planning a VIP event for customers drop it into the calendar and make a note of what you need to deliver a fantastic customer experience
And most importantly that Christmas isn't about discounts and one-day sales, it's about family, love and giving so make sure your overarching campaign reflects this (the discounting etc is part of the promotional plan but it isn't your Christmas Campaign).
Below are some of our resources to help you fast-track your Christmas planning and still make the most of the season.
If it’s all just too much, get in contact and focus on making those tills ring with sales!
THE CONNEC+ CHRISTMAS RESOURCE CENTRE
Christmas Content Guide
Creating content doesn’t have to be hard. In fact, it’s one of the easiest ways to connect with your followers, especially during the holidays. Step out of your usual boundaries and go above and beyond to entertain your followers while getting great results for your business. DOWNLOAD OUR CHRISTMAS CONTENT GUIDE
The 27-Point Checklist to Prepare Your Store for Holiday Season
Last year, over $1.5 billion was collectively sold by Shopify merchants around the world during BFCM—and shoppers spent billions more throughout the four-day event at businesses of all shapes and sizes. Successfully navigating Black Friday Cyber Monday can be stressful for many store owners as they ready their campaigns and prepare their business for an influx of traffic, sales, orders to fulfill, and support requests. If you want to get in on this year’s biggest shopping weekend, now is the time to start planning. READ MORE AND DOWNLOAD CHECKLIST
Is Your Website On The Nice List?
The shop-till-you-drop season is upon us and while consumers are looking to avoid the long queues and are heading online, small and mid-sized retailers are scrambling to prepare for the holiday rush. We get it, as a small business you’re worried about having enough inventory, your ability to quickly fulfill orders and how you’re going to maximise sales during the busiest time of year. But trust us, you can't afford to deliver an average customer experience through your online store. READ MORE
A Digital Christmas
It's the same time every year and yet it always seems to sneak upon us. Christmas, the season of joy so they say and if you are organised, this year it could be just that for your retail store. With Google Trends showing that people actually start searching for “Christmas Gift Ideas” in August... yes last month... it's time to get organised. READ MORE
BONUS DOWNLOAD - CHRISTMAS PLANNER