It's the same time every year and yet it always seems to sneak upon us, but unlike other years, this year I think we are going to be celebrating Christmas (and the fact that it means there is only one week left in 2020). Yes this is truly going to be a season of joy, so let's make it so for your retail store. With Google Trends showing that people actually start searching for “Christmas Gift Ideas” in August... ahem, yes last month... it's time to get organised.
As we know the holiday season is almost always the most profitable time of year for many retail businesses. Not only does the last quarter of the year see increases to the number of sales but the average order sizes also tend to be much bigger as well. In fact, some retailers make up to 40% of their yearly revenue in the last quarter alone.
Let’s be honest though. With the day-to-day hustle of running your business, it’s easy to forget approaching holidays. How many times has a holiday come, only for you to realise that you never prepared a promotion for it?
If you want to end 2020 with a bang, then you need to be prepared and plan ahead, so here are 10 tips to get your digital Christmas game organised. We've even made you a Christmas Planner to help the planning this year, go on download it, and make things super simple!
- As always, STRATEGY!!
- Review and Refresh your current site (no online store, contact us today and get one underway)
- Review and refresh social media platforms
- Create Graphics suite for Christmas and don't forget the all important gift guide
- Plan out your email marketing calendar, and include important shipping dates and store hours
- Look at options such as wish list and gift card plug in's to maximise sales opportunities
- Ensure you are offering Laybuy/Afterpay as a payment option
- Change to Shopify payments, more margin for you and a better customer experience for your customers
- Don't forget to promote key shipping dates, consider things are taking longer for delivery already in 2020, so allow plenty of time to deliver (and don't forget to order compostable bags!)
- Don't forget post-Christmas planning, you'll be too busy through the Chrismas sales time plan ahead.
Need a hand getting your e-commerce site optimised - connect with us
and discuss the best way to make Christmas 2020 your best selling season yet with a great Shopify site and a holiday marketing campaign which standout our from the crowd.