It's the same every year and yet it seems to sneak up on us. Christmas, the season of joy they say and if you are organised, this year it could be just that for your retail store and with Google Trends show that people actually start searching for “Christmas Gift Ideas” in August... yes last month, it's time to get organised.
As we know the holiday season is almost always the most profitable time of year for many retail businesses. Not only does the last quarter of the year see increases to the number of sales but the average order sizes also tend to be much bigger as well. In fact, some retailers make up to 40% of their yearly revenue in the last quarter alone.
Let’s be honest though. With the day-to-day hustle of running your business it’s easy to forget approaching holidays. How many times has a holiday come, only for you to realise that you never prepared a promotion for it?
If you want to make 2017 your best year yet, then you need to be prepared and plan ahead, so here are 10 tips to get your online store organised.
- As always, STRATEGY!! Remember to include email marketing in your plan!
- Review and Refresh your current site (no online store, contact us today and get one underway)
- Review and refresh social media platforms
- Create Graphics suite for Christmas
- Create a gift guide
- Look at options such as wish list and gift card plug in's to maximise sales opportunities
- Ensure you are offering Laybuy as a payment option
- Change to Shopify payments, more margin for you and a better customer experience for your customers
- Chat to GoSweetSpot and swap for shipping ease - and don't forget to promote key shipping dates
- Don't forget Post Christmas planning, you'll be too busy with your increases sales plan ahead.
Need a hand getting your e-commerce site optimised - connect with us
and discuss the best way to make Christmas 2017 your best selling season yet with a great Shopify site.