Twitter is incredibly popular among its user base, and it has also become an exceptional platform for brands to use for social customer service.
Twitter age & gender demographics
As one of the last remaining social networks with a chronological feed, Twitter has stayed a favorite for many of its users. Most popular with people in their 20s, the micro-blogging platform caters to the younger demographic ranges.
- 32% of 13-17 year olds use Twitter.
- 40% of 18-29 year olds use Twitter.
- 27% of 30-49 year olds use Twitter.
- 19% of 50-64 year olds use Twitter.
- 8% of 65+ year olds use Twitter.
The spread of women vs. men on the platform is nearly even.
- 24% of online women use Twitter.
- 23% of online men use Twitter.
Twitter location demographics
Over 79% of Twitter’s user base resides outside of the US.
For US social media users, here is the breakdown of use by region:
- 29% of adults living in urban areas use Twitter.
- 23% of adults living in suburban areas use Twitter.
- 17% of adults living in rural areas use Twitter.
Twitter education demographics
- 18% of adults with a high school diploma or less use Twitter.
- 25% of adults with some college experience use Twitter.
- 32% of adults who graduated college use Twitter.
Twitter income demographics
- 20% of adults who make less than $30,000 use Twitter.
- 21% of adults who make between $30,000–$49,999 use Twitter.
- 26% of adults who make between $50,000–$74,999 use Twitter.
- 32% of adults who make over $75,000 use Twitter.