Pinterest is a visual search engine that has revolutionized online shopping on their platform. With 250 million monthly active users and over 175 billion items pinned, it’s created an entirely new way to shop for products. In fact, 61% of pinners have made a purchase after seeing a product on Pinterest.
Pinterest age & gender demographics
Although more popular with younger users, Pinterest still has a steady user base across demographics ranges.
- 34% of 18-29 year olds use Pinterest.
- 34% of 30-49 year olds use Pinterest.
- 26% of 50-64 year olds use Pinterest.
- 16% of 65+ year olds use Pinterest.
Although a higher percentage of online women use the platform, 50% of all new signups are men.
- 41% of online women use Pinterest.
- 16% of online men use Pinterest.
Pinterest location demographics
More than 50% of Pinterest users live outside of the US.
For US social media users, here is the breakdown of use by region:
- 29% of adults living in urban areas use Pinterest.
- 31% of adults living in suburban areas use Pinterest.
- 28% of adults living in rural areas use Pinterest.
Pinterest education demographics
- 18% of adults with a high school diploma or less use Pinterest.
- 32% of adults with some college experience use Pinterest.
- 40% of adults who graduated college use Pinterest.
Pinterest income demographics
- 20% of adults who make less than $30,000 use Pinterest.
- 32% of adults who make between $30,000–$49,999 use Pinterest.
- 34% of adults who make between $50,000–$74,999 use Pinterest.
- 39% of adults who make over $75,000 use Pinterest.