LinkedIn is the number one platform when it comes to B2B social media marketing. Known for connecting professionals, LinkedIn has over 590 million registered users.
LinkedIn age & gender demographics
- 29% of 18-29 year olds use LinkedIn.
- 33% of 30-49 year olds use LinkedIn.
- 24% of 50-64 year olds use LinkedIn.
- 9% of 65+ year olds use LinkedIn.
The percentage of online women and men on the social media platform is equal.
- 25% of online women use LinkedIn.
- 25% of online men use LinkedIn.
LinkedIn location demographics
Over 70% of LinkedIn members reside outside of the US.
For US social media users, here is the breakdown of use by region:
- 30% of adults living in urban areas use LinkedIn.
- 27% of adults living in suburban areas use LinkedIn.
- 13% of adults living in rural areas use LinkedIn.
LinkedIn education demographics
Considering LinkedIn is catered towards networking for professionals and business owners, it’s no surprise that the majority of its users have graduated from college.
- 9% of adults with a high school diploma or less use LinkedIn.
- 22% of adults with some college experience use LinkedIn.
- 50% of adults who graduated college use LinkedIn.
LinkedIn income demographics
- 13% of adults who make less than $30,000 use LinkedIn.
- 20% of adults who make between $30,000–$49,999 use LinkedIn.
- 24% of adults who make between $50,000–$74,999 use LinkedIn.
- 45% of adults who make over $75,000 use LinkedIn.