Christmas, it's a word that strikes terror into the best business owner, marketer or anyone working in retail but it's also the most wonderful time of the year with 40% of revenue for many businesses coming from the month of December alone.
If that's not enough to get you planning then you need to ensure that you are embracing all forms of marketing mediums into your promotions and if you don't have an online store you may want to consider that 96% of Christmas shoppers are planning to do some of their Christmas shopping online, with 48% of shoppers advising they would do at least half their shopping online! That's a lot of sales you could be missing out on. As for mobile sites, 64% of smartphone shoppers are planning to spend more on their mobiles this Christmas than last year, so time to get that mobile site sorted!! And most importantly don't forget your social platforms, two-thirds of shoppers use social media to find the perfect gift.
So if you have left your Christmas Promotional planning to the last minute here are some quick tips to make the most of the season:
- What's your Christmas Theme - what is your tone and look? Talk to your graphic designer and get all marketing material on fast-track (bribery may be required here)
- Brainstorm a list of creative post/marketing ideas perfect for each marketing platform
- Print a calendar and drop in key dates - make a note of extended hours, important shipping dates etc
- Diary your email marketing campaigns
- Diary website additions
- Diary your social media calendar - use scheduling where you can to take some of the stress out of the season
- If you are planning a VIP event for customers drop it into the calendar and make a note of what you need to deliver a fantastic customer experience
And most importantly that Christmas isn't about discounts and one-day sales, it's about family, love and giving so make sure your overarching campaign reflects this (the discounting etc is part of the promotional plan but it isn't your Christmas Campaign).
Click to download our infographic on Christmas Promotional Planning - you can fast-track some of these and still make the most of the season.
If it’s all just too much, get in contact and focus on making those tills ring with sales!